INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/TECHNICAL WRITER (32-40 hrs)
(location: Randstad/The Netherlands).
Are you keen to find out how users use a product or software, and how you can communicate that use in the best possible way? Do you like managing content and improve content creation processes? Are you interested to learn more about product safety legislation and apply that to the manuals you create?
Then we might be looking for you to join our growing team!
INSTRKTIV believes that user manuals should help people, not discourage them. We see it as our mission to create happier and safer users, therefore it's our goal to be the go-to partner for manufacturers, developers, and merchants seeking high-end user documentation for their products. As our new instructional designer/technical writer, you will create and write user-friendly instructions for our international clients. You will be working with the other team members, managing your own projects, and be responsible for the final products. You will be working on different interesting projects simultaneously.
To give you an idea, your working week could look like this:
- Have a meeting with a client to discuss how the product works and define the requirements of the manual;
- Work on the documentation of a client's software solution, using a CMS;
- Managing the creation of a quick start guide or small print user manual of an electronic device;
- Write content for a full manual of an industrial machine;
- Visit a client to help them create a user manual for their product or machine;
- Setting up a content management system, creating sample projects, and migrating existing content.
Sounds great, doesn't it?
YOUR ROLE AS INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/TECHNICAL WRITER
If you join our team, your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- analyzing products/software and structuring information.
- understanding complex information requirements and translating them into clear, effective, good-looking, and compliant user instructions.
- creating/writing user-friendly instructions.
- creating illustrations.
- update and manage existing documentation.
- collaborate with clients, other team members, translators, designers, etc.
- audit and improve processes.
- managing projects and adhering to deadlines.
- being our client's contact person.
- ensuring quality control and making sure that we constantly achieve high expectations of ourselves and of our clients.
Ideally, you're experienced within the field of technical communication, or you have proven communication/writing skills with strong technical know-how. You have a hands-on approach and are looking for an opportunity to jump join an ambitious young company and grow together.
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO:
- hold a BSc or MSc in a design and/or engineering-related subject.
- have an intuitive understanding of technology and UX.
- have technical writing or at least copywriting experience.
- have experience with 3D CAD tools, preferably Solidworks Composer.
- be used to owning a process, making decisions, and taking responsibility.
- speak English fluently and preferably German or Dutch.
- be an innovative problem-solver and extremely curious.
- have high attention to detail.
- be familiar with CMS and structured authoring (DITA XML).
- be flexible, be able to work together and independently.
- have a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- a 32 - 40 hours/week contract.
- working in a great environment and the possibility to work from home.
- healthcare contribution for mental care and physical therapy.
- a competitive fixed salary.
- covered expenses.
- travel opportunities and working abroad.
- training and courses.
- career opportunities.
- great flexibility.
- setting up your own social or innovation project.
We hope you recognize yourself in this role (and hope you got carried away with these perks). If so, send us an email with your motivational letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our first principle for INSTRKTV employees is that we want them to be tech-savvy and keen users of products and services. We don’t try to think like a user, as we are users ourselves. With a background in design, engineering, and law, we create a better user experience for our client's customers. Our diverse team offers the flexibility of thought and innovative solutions to accomplish this. This is part of our DNA and we have been working this way since we became a design agency.
We want our team members to be authentic and open-minded. We don’t expect you to change or travel the world, but we want our company to feel at home for those who do. We encourage an active approach to life, or a passion for something outside themselves, whether it is taking care of animals or involvement in community activism, creating art or going surfing, playing the didgeridoo, or studying Buddhism. We value diversity of all kinds. We don’t want drones who will simply follow directions. We cherish employees who question conventions and decisions in a constructive way. And naturally, we welcome people who once they commit to an idea, will work like demons to make something of top-notch quality. Whether it's an illustration, clear and well-structured copy, or an online help environment.
Our team is fully location independent and we work in flexible workspaces. We meet online as much as possible. Our policy allows people to work flexible hours, as long as the work gets done without any diminishing returns. This enables our employees to catch a good swell, tend their animals, pursue an education, or get home in time to say hello to the kids when they come home from school. We understand that people love their freedom, sports, or meditation too much to settle for the constraints of a more regimented work environment. To be frank, it's how we like to live and work ourselves.
But enough about us. We're curious to hear what your passions are and why you would like to join our team. If you have any questions, please shoot us an email at email@example.com. Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.