Will you join our team?
Instructional Designer/Lead Operations
INSTRKTIV believes that information for use should help the user make safe, efficient and effective use of a product. Our mission is to create happier and safer users. INSTRKTIV's goal is to be the preferred supplier for manufacturers and merchants seeking high end user instructions for their high-quality products.
As our new Lead Operations, you will start with the actual creating of user-friendly instructions and quickly build and lead your own team of technical writers, instructional designers and others involved.
You’ll play a key part in creating awesome content and will soon be managing our business, whilst innovating the industry and working with international clients.
WHO ARE WE?
INSTRKTIV wants to offer users the right information at the right moment. We create user instructions that are user-friendly and comply with legislation. We believe that user instructions are a vital part of the customer journey, as they are often the most recent experience a user has with a product, so it should be a good one!
OUR TEAM AND OUR FUTURE
- At the moment we are based in Berlin and Amsterdam, meaning that we enjoy working in the best coworking environments that both cities have to offer.
- You will work from a coworking situation (can be anywhere) at the beginning as well, until your team grows and we will then define together where we want to settle.
- You will work with industrial design engineers, graphic designers, translators, legal experts and other people from all over the world. And you will have your own virtual assistant (VA).
- Especially in the beginning, you will be working closely with our founder, Ferry, to transfer all knowledge, work on projects together and find the best possible way of growing the business.
YOUR ROLE AS LEAD OPERATIONS
To help our clients create happier and safer users, we need to continue building and growing a team of problem solvers that helps us to achieve this goal. Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing products and structuring information.
- Understanding complex information requirements and translating them into clear, effective, good looking and compliant user instructions.
- Creating/Writing user-friendly instructions.
- Managing the team in order to meet deadlines and to control the quality of our deliverables.
- Quality control and making sure that we constantly achieve the high expectations of ourselves and of our clients.
You will have experience within the field of technical communication, or you have proven UX, communication and writing skills with strong technical know-how. You have previously worked within the techcomm industry or have a similar experience. You know how to manage a team and are ready to make a real hands-on impact. You have a hands-on approach and are looking for an opportunity to jump into a company early and grow together.
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO
- Hold a BSc or MSc in a design related subject (such as industrial design engineering) or technical communication; however, we also really like people that bring awesome experience but don’t have the qualification (share your portfolio with us).
- Have an intuitive understanding of technology and UX.
- Have technical writing or at least copywriting experience.
- Will be used to owning a process, making decisions and taking responsibility.
- Speak at least two of these languages fluently: English, German, Dutch
- Have experience with tools like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Aare an innovative problem-solver.
- Have high attention to detail.
- A 32 - 40 hours/week contract
- A competitive fixed salary
- A pension plan
- Covered expenses
- Trainings and courses
- Career opportunities
- A nice and inspiring working environment
- Great flexibility
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org